Post Feed
Comment Feed

About Me

My MP3 Player

Green Day - American Idiot Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine Sum 41 - Chuck Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

New Comments

2017 Archives

July All Archives...

New $HOME

Sunday, February 25th, 2007

Rachelle and I bought a house! Well we haven't closed yet, that'll happen mid May, but the owner accepted our offer and now we're just waiting on the mortgage.

It's a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath colonial in Fairport (near the canal).

These are some pictures from some of the sites the house was listed on. At some point I'll add the pictures I took myself, but right now they are mostly boring "joe reid" shots (basement, soffit vents, garage doors, etc).

Comments (16) Subscribe

Cheryl
#1 - Feb 26, 2007 at 1:22 PM
My! You have been busy. Congrats. Plenty of room there and even a 2 car garage..wow!
kooter
#2 - Feb 26, 2007 at 1:31 PM
yay! Can i pick my own room
betsy
#3 - Feb 26, 2007 at 2:09 PM
that is FABULOUS!! it looks great! congratulations :):)
JOE!
#4 - Feb 26, 2007 at 8:35 PM
Thank you, thank you.

Cheryl: you better believe there's a 2 car garage. That was on my list of must-haves. In fact two separate doors was on my list of would-really-like-to-haves.

Kelly: I have a nice little darkroom in the basement already picked out for you, it has a sink and everything! I suppose you could claim one of the real bedrooms, but you'll have to bring the bed.

Betsy: It is fabulous! I'm so happy it's a place that doesn't need any work.
Cheryl
#5 - Feb 27, 2007 at 10:27 AM
Darkroom. I had one of those when I lived with my parents. I still have my enlarger, and Bob has his sitting in our basement. Yes, we dabbled in photography in our younger days. That's why we have so many SLR cameras in our house.
Joe
#6 - Feb 27, 2007 at 10:56 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting rid of all the plumbing in that little room and put my servers in there. Maybe I'll keep the red light, it's kind of cool.
betsy
#7 - Feb 28, 2007 at 2:12 PM
there used to be a darkroom in the basement of my parent's house. when my grandparent's owned the house, my uncle built it down there.

anyway, my cousins told me the room was haunted by The Green Finger and i'd go peek in and swear I saw it. I think I really just saw old laundry detergent bottles though. but i was afraid of the basement until my parent's redid it and ripped the room out. i was a weird kid.
Joe Reid
#8 - Mar 1, 2007 at 7:11 AM
I am also a Joe Reid, age 47, Newville,Pennsylvania ..... Main frame computer operator (30 years in August) Just doing a Google and ran upon your site ! married 21 years, one son !
Cheryl
#9 - Mar 1, 2007 at 2:07 PM
A computer geek room! I can picture your whole basement turning into one. Red lights are cool, I worked under a red light in a darkroom for several years. You end up seeing better in the dark. I hate bright lights. Wow. another Joe Reid. How weird is that.
joe
#10 - Mar 1, 2007 at 5:55 PM
When I took astronomy at rit we had to put red gels in our flashlights so we could still see papers and what we were writing while keeping our eyes adjusted to the dark so we could still see the stars.

There are all sorts of joe reids out there...
Kim
#11 - Mar 7, 2007 at 2:04 PM
Well, it seems the name Joe Reid is compatible with the term computer geek no mater which side of the globe you're on!!
Joe
#12 - Mar 7, 2007 at 2:50 PM
That's right!
Sarah M.
#13 - Mar 9, 2007 at 8:12 AM
Joe, what an absolutely beautiful house!!! in fact, a house that nice in Santa Barbara would cost upwards of $2million. no joke.

congratulations!
Joe
#14 - Mar 11, 2007 at 11:33 AM
Thanks Sarah! The burbs of Rochester definitely have their perks. Although right about now Santa Barbara sounds pretty nice. (It's 37° and Rachelle and I are going to go for a walk in the balmy weather)
Sarah
#15 - Mar 15, 2007 at 11:40 PM
yeah, I never said I would want to move back to Rochester :) When are you moving in? and, more importantly, when can visitors start showing up?
joe
#16 - Mar 16, 2007 at 3:07 PM
We're moving in the middle of May. Visitors are welcome any time, but the earlier they are, the higher the likelihood they'll have to sleep on a cold hard-wood floor.

Make a comment!